The index of mineral production of mining and quarrying sector for March this year (Base: 2011-12=100) at 132.7 was exactly the same as compared to the level in the same month last year, the Ministry of Mines said in a statement.
The cumulative growth for the period April- March (2019-20) over the corresponding period of previous year was 1.7 percent, data from the Mining & Mineral Statistics Division of Indian Bureau of Mines showed
Production level of important minerals in March were:
- Coal 958 lakh tonnes
- Lignite 42 lakh tonnes
- Natural gas (utilised) 2323 million cu. m.
- Petroleum (crude) 27 lakh tonnes
- Bauxite 1634 thousand tonnes
- Chromite 582 thousand tonnes
- Copper conc. 11 thousand tonnes
- Gold 153 kg
- Iron ore 204 lakh tonnes
- Lead conc. 26 thousand tonnes
- Manganese ore 181 thousand tonnes
- Zinc conc. 117 thousand tonnes
- Apatite & Phosphorite 133 thousand tonnes
- Limestone 272 lakh tonnes
- Magnesite 8 thousand tonnes
- Diamond 3213 carat.